Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Here is the final 10 second leader! I changed my original idea to one that was a bit less of a "literal" story. I wanted to use contrasts between size and colour to make the video interesting to watch. To achieve this, I used bold, black, stenciled numbers with colourful splatters of paint being thrown ontop of them. The video is supposed to show a Jackson Pollock painted being created, with an actual painting shown at the end (well not an actual one, but a Pollock a la Mark, if you will).

Title: "10 Second Pollock"

Overview: The video begins with the title on a white background. Then music from Mozart's "The Magic Flute" (Die Zauberflote) begins and upon the first dramatic beat a red splat shoots across the title. The number 10 then appears in the screen and a splatter of paint shoots across it. The video continues to countdown to three, with a different splatter on each number. Then after a two second blackout a Pollock painting is revealed to the viewer.

Goals/Objectives: My primary goal for this project was to learn how to use Final Cut Pro so that I will be better equipped for the other projects to come. I also wanted to be able to create a decent stop-frame animation, that isn't too jumpy.

ANYWAYS, here it is. This is my first attempt at Final Cut, or any sort of time based project for that matter. I was pleased with the results, but i still have A LOT to learn. Enjoy.



OH, and some process photos, cause that's always fun..

No comments: